phobos is failure

dsimcha dsimcha at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 7 07:37:15 PDT 2010

== Quote from crap (tastic at yesit.is)'s article
> the horrible template abusing bloat library

I'm sorry, but this is what I **like** about Phobos.  I really hate nominative
typing and traditional Java/C++-style OO for most things.  It's verbose, requires
too much design to be set in stone upfront, and is not all that flexible.  In my
own programs I tend to only use it when I really need flexibility at runtime, not
just at design/development or compile time, which is a minority of cases.
Furthermore, for most things a few megabytes of executable size bloat is **not a
practical issue**.  For the types of programs I tend to write at least, the disk
and memory space the code takes up (100s of KB to a few MB) is negligible compared
to the size of the data the at the code operates on (100s of MB).