Is D right for me?

Gour D. gour at atmarama.net
Sun Oct 10 01:09:33 PDT 2010

On Sun, 10 Oct 2010 00:46:47 -0700
>>>>>> "Jonathan" == Jonathan M Davis wrote:

Jonathan> Yes, a lack of positive feedback can be frustrating even if
Jonathan> you have the best code ever. And as much as the developers of
Jonathan> QtD likely want to use it for their own stuff, it's likely
Jonathan> not worth doing it just for themselves. It's just too much
Jonathan> work.

Well, I tried to do my little 'homework'...wrote to the QtD devs
explaining them that their project is essential to adopting D for our
project.

Moreover, informed them that only for the sake of trying QtD I've
created 32bit chroot on my machine(64bit dmd, do you hear me?) and got
some help on #qtd in order to build "hello world" (instructions at
http://www.dsource.org/projects/qtd/wiki/BuildLinux are now
up-to-date).

Lastly, I told devs that despite of current status of QtD, we have
decided to 'gamble' and will use D/QtD for our project.

The next step is to order Andrei's book, start learning the language,
experiment with non-GUI stuff and try to help (in any way) to push QtD
further.

Jonathan> QtD is a huge service to the D community.

Indeed!

Coming from Haskell community where all the GUI libs (bindings) are in
hands of just few devs, I sincerely hope that users of D will
recognize importance of QtD for the success of language itself and
help the project to become complete and fully usable asap.

Sincerely,
Gour

--

Gour  | Hlapicina, Croatia  | GPG key: CDBF17CA