Call C (or C++) with pointer to static function

Michael Stover michael.r.stover at gmail.com
Sun Oct 10 13:03:51 PDT 2010

I am wondering if D would be a good choice for our differential equation
modeling app.  What it needs to be able to do is dynamically compile D code
into a static function that can then be used to call C-code that expects a
pointer to a static function.

Longer description:
It is a desktop app.  The user writes equations.  I'd like to be translate
the equations into D code, compile it, and then call C code that represents
optimizing or solver procedures.  These functions expect a pointer to a
static function that calculates the values of the equations, which would be
the D code just compiled.

Is this feasible with D2?

Thanks,
Michael Stover