Is D right for me?

Iain Buclaw ibuclaw at ubuntu.com
Mon Oct 11 03:15:45 PDT 2010

== Quote from Daniel Gibson (metalcaedes at gmail.com)'s article
> bioinfornatics schrieb:
> > LDC support 64 bit ;)
> as well as GDC.
> But both currently lack an up-to-date D2 compiler (but the GDC guys are
> at least working on it, seems like they're currently at 2.029 - which is
> great - about 3 months ago they were still at 2.018 and in between was
> the big 2.020 update that introduced druntime).

Merging frontend is one thing, implementing the new features the frontend offers
is another (though I think I've so far covered everything there ;).

I'm actually rather curious how DMD plans on doing varargs in 64bit. Not least
because I don't think their current method of "calculating" the address of the
_argptr takes 64bit parameter passing into account.