improving the join function

Daniel Gibson metalcaedes at gmail.com
Mon Oct 11 19:15:09 PDT 2010

bearophile schrieb:
> Daniel Gibson:
>
>> But right now the point is: join() does something completely different and should be renamed (or
>> deprecated in std.string and replaced by union() - a real join isn't needed in std.string anyway,
>> but when join() is deprecated in std.string you can implement a real join in std.algorithm without
>> causing too much confusion).
>
> I like the std.string.join() function, in Python I use the str.join() method often... :-)
>
> Bye,
> bearophile

Then the name in python sucks as well :P

IMHO when using the word "join" in a programming context - especially when dealing with (kinds of)
iterators, it should mean the relational algebra/database join and not some kind of concatenation.

But maybe I just had too many database lectures at university ;-)