Current status of DB libraries in D

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Tue Oct 12 11:35:40 PDT 2010

On Tuesday, October 12, 2010 11:18:10 Yao G. wrote:
>Conversely, if the type used is
> char[], wchar[] or dchar[], and there's no usage of the former types, then
> it's a D2 project.

I think that you meant D1. ;)

Some good suggestions on figuring out how a project is D1 or D2 though. Still,
last time I looked at dsource, most were D1, so odds are that a project is D2.

Other suggestions would be to look for Phobos libraries that don't exist in D1
like std.algorithm and std.range. If they use const or immutable, then they're
D2. Unfortunately, I've never really used D1, so I'm not very familiar with the
differences between D1 and D2.

Another thing to remember is that even if a project is D2, it could be for an
older version of D2, so it may not be useable without some updating. There are
some solid D2 projects out there though (like dcollections).

- Jonathan M Davis