What do people here use as an IDE?

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Tue Oct 12 19:29:49 PDT 2010

On Tuesday 12 October 2010 18:57:44 Michael Stover wrote:
> Elephant appears dead.  Poseidon's activity is extremely low and is still
> alpha after 5 years. LEDS is even less active, and DDT doesn't have a
> release yet.  What do actual D programmers use?
>
> -Mike

I use vim (well, gvim technically). I'd love a full-blown IDE solution, but it
would have to have support for vim bindings (and support for remapping them - I
use dvorak and standard vim bindings won't cut it) or I wouldn't put up with it.
SlickEdit does have decent vim bindings support and it has support for D1, but
I'm not sure how well it supports D2. It costs about $300 though, so you'd have
to definitely think that its features were worth it to use it. I considered
getting it, but it doesn't yet support gdb with D, so I decided to wait. They'll
likely have better D2 support later as well, though I have no clue what plans
they have with regards to D support.

In any case, vim is the best solution that I have, but I'd certainly love
better.

- Jonathan M Davis