What do people here use as an IDE?

Paulo Pinto pjmlp at progtools.org
Wed Oct 13 03:29:25 PDT 2010

That is only because the standard comitee does not want to favour a
vendor over the other. And usually the standards comitee  for C and
C++ only make part of the standard existing practices.

C is the responsible for many of the security exploits we have to endure
nowadays.

The last time I used professionally was back in 2001, and I sure don't
miss it.

C keeps being used, partially due to legacy reasons, and partially because
if you want to invent some kind of high level assembler, the result will
always
resemble somehow to C.

If it wasn't for C++, there are plenty of other powerfull languages out
there.

--
Paulo