Is D right for me?

klickverbot see at klickverbot.at
Wed Oct 13 10:37:43 PDT 2010

> I wouldn't think that it would be a problem, but I'm no expert, and we've had
> problems in the past because Tango devs thought that proposed Phobos code was
> too similar to Tango. So, as I understand it, unless we get specific permission
> from the Tango devs which wrote a particular module, we're trying to not have
> code in Phobos which is an API which is at all close to Tango's. That way we can
> avoid potential conflicts with the Tango devs.
>
> - Jonathan M Davis

We had this over and over again, but I still think it should be noted
that the disaster around SOHO's code was not entirely made up by »the
Tango devs«, but originated from a single developer's phone call to
Walter Bright and was then exaggerated by large parts of the D
community, including both »sides« – your statement(s) makes it look a
bit as if it was all Tango at fault there…