What do people here use as an IDE?

Sönke Ludwig ludwig at informatik.uni-luebeck.de
Thu Oct 14 00:11:49 PDT 2010

Code::Blocks:

	Works quite well for Windows and Linux, except for some occasional
dependency problems because of single-file compilation. Unusable on Mac
because of keyboard shortcut issues. Project and build option
configuration is a bit complicated and the toolchain-settings need to be
tweaked manually.

VisualD:

	Now seems quite stable and works well, good debugger integration. Right
now I have to switch back to Code::Blocks on Windows because of DMD
linking problems in the compile-everything-at-once-build that VisualD
does (normally preferrable).

D for XCode:

	Works really well for me on Mac OS since I took the time to understand
the XCode project structure. It has, however, some serious problems with
its dependency calculation and also does only single-file builds.

I tried Descent several times and its semantic features were great, but
the missing D2 support was always a problem.