[nomenclature] systems language

Justin Johansson no at spam.com
Thu Oct 14 05:30:02 PDT 2010

Touted often around here is the term "systems language".

May we please discuss a definition to be agreed upon
for the usage this term (at least in this community) and
also have some agreed upon examples of PLs that might also
be members of the "set of systems languages".
Given a general subjective term like this, one would have
to suspect that the D PL is not the only member of this set.

Cheers
Justin Johansson

PS. my apologies for posting a lame joke recently;
certainly it was not meant to be disparaging towards
the D PL and hopefully it was not taken this way.