Doesn't work: Ubuntu 10.10, DMD 2.049, GDB 7.2

Robert Clipsham robert at octarineparrot.com
Thu Oct 14 14:27:27 PDT 2010

On 14/10/10 22:00, Kyle Mallory wrote:
> On 10/14/10 2:31 PM, Kyle Mallory wrote:
>> Am I missing something? I thought this was supposed to be working with
>> the 7.2 release of GDB? Is this working for anyone else?
>>

>> $ dmd -g hello.d
>>

> FYI, I did get this working (mostly) by invoking:
> $ dmd -gc -debug hello.d
>
> I'm curious now if this is the preferred solution/only work-around.
>
> --Kyle

GDB does not, and will not support -g in its current state - the -g
option introduces some custom extensions to DWARF which conflict with
parts of the DWARF 4 spec. Once dmd fixes this, support will still need
to be added to GDB, so yes, -gc is the correct solution.

--
Robert
http://octarineparrot.com/