pure and (fully) lazy?

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Thu Oct 14 14:45:14 PDT 2010

On Thursday, October 14, 2010 12:32:06 bearophile wrote:
> J. Shimizu:
> > From what I understand from the web site, however, the lazy attribute on
> > a D function parameter makes it call-by-name, not call-by-need.
>
> The lazy attribute may be deprecated, but I don't remember a final word on
> this. I don't know what's meant to replace them, of if there is a way to
> fix & keep them.
>
> Bye,
> bearophile

I'm pretty sure that it isn't deprecated, but I believe thatthere was some
discussion of possibly deprecating it. Again, a list of the exact list of
features which is currently supported but intended for deprecation would be good
but has never materialized. They usually don't even need -d to compile, so you
have to have been paying attention to the newsgroups and remember the way such
discussions went if you want to have any idea of what they are. And even then,
you can't be completely sure.

- Jonathan M Davis