[nomenclature] systems language

Steven Wawryk stevenw at acres.com.au
Fri Oct 15 02:10:05 PDT 2010

To me it means that it can be used for applications on platforms that
provide no operating system support, for example tightly embedded
applications or writing an operating system.  This implies that the
language run-time (or at least the parts of it that need operating
system support) is unavailable, so as much hardware interfacing and
resource management as are needed by the application need to be written
for the purpose.

C and C++ qualify.  I'm new to D and still learning about it, but with
the deprecation of scoped classes and delete, I'm not sure that D qualifies.