duck!

Leandro Lucarella luca at llucax.com.ar
Sat Oct 16 18:52:22 PDT 2010

Andrei Alexandrescu, el 16 de octubre a las 19:19 me escribiste:
> >I hate myself, I just keep replying when I know this matter is closed,
> >if both you and Andrei like something, is a dead end for any
> >alternatives...
> >
> >Well, at least I will be able to say "I tried"...
>
> How about this: we call "adapt" the strict adaptation of one
> interface to another and "ducktype" the loose adaptation that might
> fail dynamically. Would that float your boat?

I don't find it ideal, but it's definitely better.

What I don't get is what the purpose/use of "ducktype" in D. And why do
you even have to pass a type to ducktype? If you aren't certain if the
object implements a function or not, that's not really duck-typing
either, that's just dynamic typing and in that case, why do you even
bother to specify an interface?

I really don't see a point to it...