The Next Big Language

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Sun Oct 17 15:41:27 PDT 2010

On 10/17/2010 05:04 PM, Yao G. wrote:
> On Sun, 17 Oct 2010 13:08:45 -0500, Andrej Mitrovic
> <andrej.mitrovich at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I think it was a rather superficial review of all the languages. Did
>> he even try any of them out, or did he just took a look at what
>> wikipedia has to say?
>>
>> Here's my comment
>> http://www.reddit.com/r/programming/comments/dsdd6/the_next_big_language_2010_edition/c12k68w
>>

>> On 10/17/10, Andrei Alexandrescu <SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org> wrote:
>>> Discusses a few languages including D:
>>> http://www.reddit.com/r/programming/comments/dsdd6/the_next_big_language_2010_edition/
>>>

> Whenever I read a comment from that guy that post as eternium there, in
> reddit, I have a sense of déjà vu. The same exact passive-agressive
> stance with respect to D, the constant Walter/Andrei bashing, the ivory
> tower snark comment, the "people posting in the newsgroup are n00bs,
> idiots, fanboys"... Exactly the same comments as *someone* that post
> here, you know who. It gets more sad if you look at his comments history
> and see that like 80% of what he writes there, is just D bashing. At
> least he should post with the same user name in both places :)

Well the problem with such allegations is that they sit badly if they
aren't true, and are most likely to embitter and entrench the persons
involved even more.

It would be great to try to find ways to build bridges. I think eternium
and ILiekCakes are (or is a) disgruntled D1 and Tango enthusiast(s), and
there are more out there. In the best of all worlds we'd reconcile and
unite forces. I'm not sure what the best first step would be though.

Andrei