New slides about Go

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Sun Oct 17 17:23:21 PDT 2010

(Catching some older posts, I was busy)

Walter:

> In any case, inline assembler in D is a substantial productivity booster for me
> for anything that needs assembler. The inline assembler is also quite ignorable,
> if you don't like it.

I like the inline assembly feature of D. But language features aren't ignorable, in real world you often meed or have to modify or fix code written by other people. This means that a programmer that doesn't know assembly may be forced to fix bugs in modules that contain functions with asm. So every language feature is not free, it has a cost.

Bye,
bearophile