The Next Big Language

Paulo Pinto pjmlp at progtools.org
Mon Oct 18 03:52:13 PDT 2010

Hi,

because there are only two ways languages get maintstream:

- lots of PR and money invested into them building a community
- there is a "killer application/set of features" that builts a community
around the language

Usually closed source languages get maintream due to the first bullet point
and the
languages that got mainstream due to the last point are all open source.

For my understanding D fails point one, which bring us to the second point,
hence the
complaing about the open source compiler.

--
Paulo