The Next Big Language

Paulo Pinto pjmlp at progtools.org
Mon Oct 18 03:59:02 PDT 2010

Hi,

this is usually not a problem, because in many scenarios people are more
than
happy to mix languages.

I for one, am language agnostic, because I always use the appropriate
language
for the project at hand, and don't have any problem mixing languages.

In the Telecom industry which I know quite well,  C and C++ are slowly being
relagated to places
where they are the only viable option, usually due to hardware constraints.
In some pieces of equipment
C++ is already too big to fit in. But when there is an option, the
implementation language tends to be
a higher level language (Java, .Net, Erlang), specially due to the available
tooling.

I think that is a mistake to expect "a language to rule them all" scenario.

--
Paulo

news:i9h5s4$10pj$1 at digitalmars.com...