The Next Big Language

Fawzi Mohamed fawzi at gmx.ch
Mon Oct 18 09:22:37 PDT 2010

On 18-ott-10, at 16:52, Pelle wrote:

> On 10/18/2010 03:18 PM, Paulo Pinto wrote:
>> Yes, here is a summary of programming languages killer features.
>> [...]
>> So the question is, what could the D killer feature be?

I see a future for D in the HPC field, I have tried hard at building a
robust parallelization infrastructure, and for this access to all the
source and it being a "system" programming language (whatever that
means exactly) helped me being able to do it.
The nice template support is really useful for numerically intensive
code, and possible delays introduced by the GC are not so important
(one *has* to be careful managing big objects or big collections, but
that aside things seems to work).

Fawzi