The Next Big Language

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Mon Oct 18 10:04:21 PDT 2010

Sean Kelly:

> Clearly, your friend never used VC++6.  It was the buggiest piece of software I've ever used, and yet I never once heard someone say they were giving up on C++ because of it.  Sounds to me like he was just looking for a reason to not give D a fair shake.<

In past Perl/Tcl/C++ were languages that you were asked to use at work, so there was no way to avoid them. D (and Python, especially in past) are languages/compilers/VMs that no one forces you to use (and there are other languages that compete for your attention), so they must be better if they want a chance to be considered :-)

Bye,
bearophile