The Next Big Language

Yao G. yao.gomez at spam.gmail.com
Mon Oct 18 11:07:21 PDT 2010

On Mon, 18 Oct 2010 12:50:43 -0500, eternium a.k.a. retard
<swiftj19NOSPAM at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I added more original sources to my posts as per Your request. Seemed to
> work (already improved my reddit karma 3 units in short time).
Thank you!

> That particular ivory tower quotation came from someone here.
Link please?

> I also do mention good things:
>
> "Switching from C/C++ to D may improve your productivity in many cases."
> <-
> http://www.reddit.com/r/programming/comments/dm9gh/whats_your_next_programming_language_and_why/c11czh9
>
> "The D's type system supports immutability in a fine-grained manner. It
> makes all kinds of optimizations possible. This system is impressive,
> and I have no reason to believe that it wouldn't bring performance
> benefits in the future." <-
> http://www.reddit.com/r/programming/comments/dm8n8/the_many_faces_of_d_slides_pdf/c11d248
>
> "Finally, I'd like to thank you very much for listening. I like D and I
> wish it a bright future." <-
> http://www.reddit.com/r/programming/comments/944gh/the_d_language_metaprogramming_language_is_d/c0bec00
Yes. But it's pretty hard to look for the "good things" when you need to
navigate in a sea of "not so good things".

> Sometimes the rants hit the nail in the head (wasn't this fixed
> recently):
>
> "You could at least set the executable flag for the Linux binaries to
> improve user experience. Many would appreciate that and it's trivial to
> do e.g. with the Linux version of zip." <-
> http://www.reddit.com/r/programming/comments/9zqj0/the_state_of_d_programming_is_this_situation/c0f8wym
See the post above.

> May I ask Your reddit nick? Couldn't find any Yao G. there.
I don't have one, but I'll create an account there pronto. Thanks for your
concern retard... err... I mean, eternium.

--
Yao G.