The Next Big Language

Gour D. gour at atmarama.net
Mon Oct 18 12:32:08 PDT 2010

On Mon, 18 Oct 2010 21:24:58 +0200
>>>>>> "Andrej" == Andrej Mitrovic <andrej.mitrovich at gmail.com> wrote:

Andrej> In the absence of D ones you can use C libraries. But it's not
Andrej> a big issue, there's plenty of C libs out there and they can be
Andrej> easily used from D. There's no need for special wrappers
Andrej> either, unless you want to make an OO interface for a C lib
Andrej> (this is something the DSFML project does).

Yeah. C-libs can be easily used in D but then there is no type safety
and the apps is becoming as stable as C lib.

That's why using SwigD sounds appealing to me to provide higher-level
API in D and catch some type errors during compile time, if possible.

That's why we've come to D, iow, to have 'something better'. ;)

Sincerely,
Gour

--

Gour  | Hlapicina, Croatia  | GPG key: CDBF17CA