The Next Big Language

Eric Poggel dnewsgroup2 at yage3d.net
Mon Oct 18 19:09:23 PDT 2010

On 10/18/2010 7:11 AM, bearophile wrote:
> Andrei:
>
>> Discusses a few languages including D:
>> http://www.reddit.com/r/programming/comments/dsdd6/the_next_big_language_2010_edition/
>
> The "Next Big Language" will probably be JavaScript.
>
> Bye,
> bearophile

I love javascript for small-to-medium jobs (I even use it with Windows
Scripting Host instead of batch files), but I'd hate to use something
without static typing on a large project.

As the usual argument goes... change a function's name, arguments, or
argument types and you don't know what else breaks until you're careful
to run it through all of the possible scenarios.