[OT] Ddoc to PDF

David Gileadi gileadis at NSPMgmail.com
Tue Oct 19 05:40:56 PDT 2010

On 10/18/10 9:37 PM, Walter Bright wrote:
> On the other hand, just for fun I wanted to see if I could read a
> paperback I got from the thrift store on my ipod. I sliced the back off,
> and ran it through a scanner to create an OCR'd pdf. Loading the pdf
> into my ipod didn't work, as it was 25 megs and so far, the only way
> I've figured out how to get pdf's to the ipod is via email.

Apple has been notorious for making it hard to load files onto their iOS
devices.  Recently in iOS 4 they've provided for it through iTunes, but
it's still very clunky.  For PDFs I use GoodReader which makes it
somewhat easy to load files wirelessly and whose claim to fame is that
it supports very large PDFs without crashing.