The Next Big Language

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Tue Oct 19 10:13:35 PDT 2010

Andrej Mitrovic:

> the Python documentation is just *fantastic*
> (although I've heard some people disagree). It covers just about
> everything you need to know (batteries included!), and there's always
> instructions on how to use the library and the interpreter itself.
> You're rarely left alone with a definition of some function without an
> example or two + a thorough explanation on how the example works. I
> really wish we had this for D2.

Python docs are good enough, but not fantastic. There are hundreds of Python std lib features that don't have an example or have a not good enough example. The documentation of Delphi written by Borland was much better (generally Borland documentation was good). But Python is free (as in beer), so I don't complain (and people are welcome to improve Python docs).

Bye,
bearophile