Is D right for me?

Fawzi Mohamed fawzi at gmx.ch
Tue Oct 19 13:41:05 PDT 2010

On 19-ott-10, at 22:04, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:

> On 10/12/10 7:01 CDT, Fawzi Mohamed wrote:
>>
>> [...]
>> I very much agree that IO should be scalable.
>> In my opinion this is possible if one has a robust framework for smp
>> parallelization.
>> This is what I have been working on with blip http://dsource.org/
>> blip .
>
> Seeing your recent comments about fixing druntime, I wanted to take
> a look at this other work but the page seems to be in error. Did you
> migrate blip somewhere else?

sorry I forgot the projects in there, the project is at
	http://dsource.org/projects/blip
the code is actually at
	http://github.com/fawzi/blip
I hope to do a release in the next days. It needs hwloc (tested with
1.x) and libev (tested with 3.9).
Windows will need some porting, but on max and linux it works
correctly (as far as I tested).
I havent done any real optimization yet (waiting to have a more
complete test suite, and I have switched off reuse of non recursive
tasks, thus allocating a bit too much at a low level).

feedback is appreciated :)

ciao
Fawzi