Improving version(...)

Jesse Phillips jessekphillips+D at gmail.com
Tue Oct 19 16:20:05 PDT 2010

bearophile Wrote:

> If built-in versions are inside some kind of enum or namespace, the compiler can tell apart the built-in ones from all the other ones, so if you write:
> version(std.D_Inline_Asm_X86_65)
> The compiler will complain that doesn't exists among the standard ones.
>
> If you want to use your own ones you just don't use the "std." prefix:
> version(myFoo)
>
> Bye,
> bearophile

Note that the latest highlighting file for Vim will highlight the known built-in version Identifiers.

I don't have much of a suggestion for solving the real issue, but maybe the compiler could return a list of versions used? Though that brings to question what happens to versions used in side versions.