The Language I Wish Go Was

Juanjo Alvarez fake at fakeemail.com
Thu Oct 21 13:40:23 PDT 2010

On Thu, 21 Oct 2010 15:45:55 -0400, bearophile
<bearophileHUGS at lycos.com> wrote:
> On the other hand, currently there are many D2 features that are
unfinished and buggy, so adding even more stuff is not a good idea.
And I think named arguments are a purely additive change. So Walter
may add them later when the current features are implemented well
enough. Currently it's much more important to focus on eventually
needed non-additive changes instead.

Very true. I also use named arguments constantly in Python.

Since I'm not the only one that would like to have it in D 2.1 I'll
go into gredy mode and add that expanding a dictionary as named
arguments to a function is pretty useful too, but since in D's hashes
the values must be of the same type for a declared hash it would be
less useful, except for Variant[string] hashes maybe, which is a
little convoluted.