Linux Agora D thread

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Fri Oct 22 00:09:31 PDT 2010

Jonathan M Davis wrote:
> In any case, that poster seems knowledgeable enough that I don't see much point
> in arguing with him. His opinion obviously differs from that of most of us on
> this list, but it's generally based quite soundly on facts, so only time will
> prove him wrong.

Sure, but it all depends on how one interprets those facts.

For example, C++ is hardly the same language it was in 1988 or so, when it
became widely used. I don't think any pre-2000 C++ compiler would be remotely
considered usable today. Languages that are not dead go through substantial
revisions and upgrades. It is not a defect in D that it does so, too.

As anyone can see in the changelog, we've stopped adding features to D2 and are
working on toolchain issues. There's been a lot of progress there.