Quick question about target patforms . . .

Michel Fortin michel.fortin at michelf.com
Mon Oct 25 17:37:21 PDT 2010

On 2010-10-25 17:16:09 -0400, Walter Bright <newshound2 at digitalmars.com> said:

> Michel Fortin wrote:
>> Note that it's also a much bigger project than support for COM given
>> that the Objective-C object model and method calls are very foreign
>> compared to C++ or COM. So it's not going to be a small patch, and
>> it'll take a couple of months before it's ready as I'm only doing this
>> in my spare time.
>
> I'll look forward to it. This is an important step in D's aim to rule
> the world and crush all opposition.

You set your goals too high. :-)

Nevertheless, Objective-C support is quite important in the Apple
ecosystem because all the higher-level APIs are provided in that form.
And D with Objective-C support will have stronger type-safety than
Objective-C itself; perhaps that'll be compelling enough to make some
Objective-C programmers switch to D, I know it would for me.

--
Michel Fortin
michel.fortin at michelf.com
http://michelf.com/