More Clang diagnostic

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Mon Oct 25 18:29:11 PDT 2010

I wasn't implying that DMD is bad regarding error messages, on the contrary DMD error messages are better than the ones given by GCC on C. But there's always space for improvements (see bug 5004) :-)

I have seen several people say good things about Clang. DMD often produces error messages as good as Clang ones, and yet no one says equally good things on Reddit about this good feature of D/DMD :-( I think a bit more advertisement on this will be positive (I may write a post about this somewhere). Of course those people have to develop C/C++ code, instead of D, so they are rightly more interested in a good tool for C/C++.

Walter:

> It's the very next token. There's nothing wrong with the message.

In that case I prefer the error message to refer to the line where the semicolon is absent.
I may ask a poll to other D users to see if they agree with me or not on this.

Bye,
bearophile