More Clang diagnostic

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Mon Oct 25 19:21:01 PDT 2010

Michel Fortin:

> I'd like it very much if dmd printed the column number
> for the caret in addition to the line.

The C# compiler too show those column number. But last time Walter has explained that to do this, the compiler has to keep more data (all those line numbers), so this may slow down the compilation a little. And of course currently this information is not present, so it probably requires a good amount of changes to be implemented. The slowdown problem may be solved as in GCC, adding a compilation switch that gives/removes the column number (it uses to be switched off on default, now after the competition by Clang it's switched on on default).

Bye,
bearophile