D in accounting program

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Tue Oct 26 10:25:26 PDT 2010

On Tuesday, October 26, 2010 03:15:18 tuanhoanganh wrote:
> I am newbie of D language.
> I know D is new language. Is D v1.064 stable to write accounting
> application ( because ddbi is only  support this D version).?
> Is there commercial write in D.
>
> Thanks in advance
> Sorry for my English.
>
> Tuan Hoang Anh.

D1 is quite safe for writing production code, and there are commercial
applications written in D1, though I don't know how many.

D2 can be used for writing production code, but while the language definition has
stabilized and many bugs are being fixed, it's still much buggier than D1, and
Phobos is still very much a work in progress, so it's a greater risk to use in
production code. However, I believe that there are some people who do use it in
production code.

- Jonathan M Davis