D in accounting program

danny boy danny at africa.com
Tue Oct 26 11:04:34 PDT 2010

Jonathan M Davis Wrote:

> On Tuesday, October 26, 2010 03:15:18 tuanhoanganh wrote:
> > I am newbie of D language.
> > I know D is new language. Is D v1.064 stable to write accounting
> > application ( because ddbi is only  support this D version).?
> > Is there commercial write in D.
> >
> > Thanks in advance
> > Sorry for my English.
> >
> > Tuan Hoang Anh.
>
> D1 is quite safe for writing production code, and there are commercial
> applications written in D1, though I don't know how many.
>
> D2 can be used for writing production code, but while the language definition has
> stabilized and many bugs are being fixed, it's still much buggier than D1, and
> Phobos is still very much a work in progress, so it's a greater risk to use in
> production code. However, I believe that there are some people who do use it in
> production code.

Yes, I know that guy. The last time I saw him was when he was planning to have unprotected sex with 100 random hookers in central Africa without getting AIDS!

Seriously, what kind of idiot would use D2 in production code? You have to fix your perfectly legal and buf free code because of API changes or compiler bugs every 2 weeks. It's a maintenance nightmare. Sure, go ahead.