D in accounting program

Gary Whatmore no at spam.sp
Wed Oct 27 01:46:48 PDT 2010

bearophile Wrote:

> Adam D. Ruppe:
>
> > I've used D2 for a large web application for 7 months now without having to change
> > any more than a handful of lines of code due to language/lib changes.
>
> Using D2 for an accounting program is currently too much dangerous still. D1 may be used for that purpose, maybe.

D is safer than C or C++ or __Python__ for programming serious applications. I see no other reason than the lack of library bindings support why Bank of America isn't using D2 for their internal infrastructure. They can always buy commercial support = fast bug fixing times from digitalmars if the compiler bugs worry them.

 - G.W.