Looking for champion - std.lang.d.lex

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Wed Oct 27 14:21:26 PDT 2010

Walter:

> So, there is "value" in value types after all. I confess I have no idea why you
> argue against them.

I am not arguing against them in absolute. They are good in some situations and not so good in other situations :-)

Compound value types are very useful in a certain imperative low-level language. While if you are designing a simpler language, it's better to not add structs to it (and yes, in practice the world needs simpler languages too, not everyone needs a Ferrari in every moment. And I believe that removing structs makes on average simpler the sum of the language+its programs).

Bye,
bearophile