Looking for champion - std.lang.d.lex

Matthias Pleh sufu at alter.de
Thu Oct 28 09:16:21 PDT 2010

Am 28.10.2010 16:46, schrieb Don:
> retard wrote:
>> Wed, 27 Oct 2010 16:04:34 -0600, Todd D. VanderVeen wrote:
>>
>>> Legacy in the sense that C is perhaps.
>>>
>>> http://www.tiobe.com/index.php/content/paperinfo/tpci/index.html
>>
>> Probably the top 10 names are more or less correct there, but some
>> funny notes:
>>
>> 33. D
>> 36. Scratch
>> 40. Haskell
>> 42. JavaFX Script
>> 49. Scala
>>
>> Scratch is an educational tool. It isn't really suitable for any real
>> world applications. It slows down considerably with too many expressions.
>>
>> There are several books about Haskell and Scala. Both have several
>> books on them, active mailing lists, and also very many active
>> community projects. Haven't heard much about JavaFX outside
>> Sun/Oracle. These statistics look really weird.
>
> I reckon Fortran is the one to look at it. If Tiobe's stats were
> sensible, the Fortran numbers would be solid as a rock.
> And ADA ought to be pretty stable too. But look at this:
>
> http://www.tiobe.com/index.php/paperinfo/tpci/Ada.html
>
> Laughable.

There was an article in the Ct-Magazin (German) where they took a closer
look at this rankings.
For example:
- search for 'C'    you got 3080 M
- search for 'Java' you got  167 M

'Java' only competes with the island Java
'C'    competes with C&A, c't-Magazin, C-Quadrat, C+C, char 'c', ...
        and many many more ....

So, to correct this, only the first *100* (hundred) results are reviewed
and the resulting factor applied to the sum of results.
Just look at 1-100, then at 101-200, 201-300 and so on ..
You get complete different factors.

So this numbers at tiobe are really lying!!!!!!

source:
http://www.heise.de/developer/artikel/Traue-keiner-Statistik-993137.html

greets
Matthias