Lints, Condate and bugs

dennis luehring dl.soluz at gmx.net
Fri Oct 29 00:58:56 PDT 2010

Am 29.10.2010 09:26, schrieb Roman Ivanov:
> They would be a great help in debugging programs, for example.
> NullPointerException is probably the most common error I see in Java.
> 95% of all times it gets thrown in some weird context, which gives you
> no idea about what happened. The result is a long and tedious debugging
> session.

100% correct - but to have null-able types help to writer code faster in
the prototype phase, and not having them will also change the way
developers are "forced" to write code

and there are million developers out there who likes/and use null-able
values for flow-control - if the null-able "feature" is removed without
something that keeps the style working, you will loose them, or much
more evil, they will try to code around the non-null-able-style getting
back to there well known null-able behavior, by using bools, ints,
strings whatever -> that will not help in library growth around D

try comming up with an pattern that keeps both pro/cons...