Streaming library (NG Threading)

Bruno Medeiros brunodomedeiros+spam at com.gmail
Fri Oct 29 05:32:24 PDT 2010

On 29/10/2010 12:50, Denis Koroskin wrote:
> On Fri, 29 Oct 2010 15:40:35 +0400, Bruno Medeiros
> <brunodomedeiros+spam at com.gmail> wrote:

>>> At least on my Thunderbird/Icedove 2.0.0.24 it's still in the old
>>> Thread.
>>
>> Same here on my Thunderbird 3.0. Is seems TB cares more about the
>> "References:" field in NNTP message to determine the parent. In fact,
>> with version 3 of TB, it seems that's all it considers... which means
>> that NG messages with the same title as the parent will not be put in
>> the same thread as the parent if they don't have the references field.
>> That sounds like the right approach, however there are some problems
>> in practice because some clients never put the references field
>> (particularly Webnews I think), so all those messages show up in my TB
>> as new threads. :/
>>

> Nope, most of the responses through WebNews have correct References in
> place.

All responses that appear as new threads in my TB (ie, threads whose
title starts with "Re: ") and for which I have looked at the message
source, have user agent:
and no references field. These messages are common with some posters,
like berophile, Sean Kelly, Kagamin,etc..
But some Web-News messages do have a references field though, so it's
not all Web-News messages that are missing it.

--
Bruno Medeiros - Software Engineer