GCC 4.6

Paulo Pinto pjmlp at progtools.org
Sun Oct 31 03:59:30 PDT 2010

Well, let me say that both languages seem to be doing much better than D.

Java like it or not, is the number one language in Europe. If you know Java
or
C++ well, even with the current crisis, it's quite easy to get a job in the
IT sector.

As for Haskell, for sure it is an academic language but it gets much more
industry
support than D has. Lets not forget that its development is sponsored by
Microsoft.

http://software.intel.com/en-us/blogs/2010/05/27/announcing-intel-concurrent-collections-for-haskell-01/
http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/Haskell_in_industry
http://cufp.org/conference

I agree with bearophile, if you want D to become more visible in the
industry, it needs to
be more stable, have tools and a clearer image.

I came to this forums, after reading the TDPL, a few months ago, when I was
getting into Go,
and wanted to see what D was about.

What I found is that D also shares some fate with Java. Many people have a
bad opinion about
Java due to issues that are no longer true. In D's case many people still
refer to Tango\Phobos
issues and community issues.

Even though I have no use for D on my line of work, I have found nice
community and wish all the best
for the language.

--
Paulo