GCC 4.6

Peter Alexander peter.alexander.au at gmail.com
Sun Oct 31 04:25:45 PDT 2010

On 31/10/10 10:59 AM, Paulo Pinto wrote:
> What I found is that D also shares some fate with Java. Many people have a
> bad opinion about
> Java due to issues that are no longer true. In D's case many people still
> refer to Tango\Phobos
> issues and community issues.

These things go away with time. People used to complain about terrible
template support in C++ compilers, but not any more.

I definitely agree that D needs more stability and tools. These things
will come with time as well.

I also think that D needs some killer app(s) that people will look at
and think "Oh, that was made with D? Maybe I should have a look at
learning it..." Nothing shows what a language is capable of more than
the apps that are made using it.