GCC 4.6

tls do at notha.ev
Sun Oct 31 09:25:51 PDT 2010

Don Wrote:

> Simen kjaeraas wrote:
> > Nick Sabalausky <a at a.a> wrote:
> >
> >> I can certainly understand the impossibility of actually keeping up with
> >> bearophile, but I don't think that even he expects that every idea he
> >> brings
> >> up be rushed into D.
> >
> > Yeah, I always see bearophile's lists as 'maybe some of this could fit in
> > D at some point'. Well worth having on the list, but not to be regarded as
> > The Bearer of Absolute Commandments. That said, I fully understand that
> > Walter could get more tired of it than do I - I don't feel the pressure.
>
> I think a lot of the problem is that quite a few of bearophile's post
> contain very valuable ideas, which are immediately relevant. But their
> impact gets diluted because there's such a constant stream of ideas.
> Would be great if someone could do a regular "best of bearophile" post <g>.

What is valueable ideas? Bug reports goto bugzilla. Can some else be immedeately relevant? Long messages with no patches or D language application have no value. D2 and TDPL staple now so no new ideas? And 64-bit support and shared libraries and ARM support becomes before D3? And GUI and IDE? So why we need new ideas before?