Marketing D

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Sun Oct 31 13:39:16 PDT 2010

Russel Winder:

>--  Why did Google push Go rather than use D when they became dissatisfied with C, C++, etc.

I don't know the answer, but maybe the answer is inside the Google C++ style guide, this document disallows most of the features of C++. So it seems Google doesn't want 3/4 of the features of D2. And maybe inside Google Pike and other people prefer to invent a new language.

>--  Can D be used for the native clients in the web applications arena that seem to be coming, cf. Go's NaCl.

NaCl seems a nice idea, but I think so far no one is using it. It's in Chrome, so things may eventually change.

Bye,
bearophile