Marketing D [ was Re: GCC 4.6 ]

SK sk at metrokings.com
Sun Oct 31 23:52:44 PDT 2010

On Sun, Oct 31, 2010 at 9:43 PM, SK <sk at metrokings.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 31, 2010 at 9:19 PM, Andrei Alexandrescu
>> No Windows?
>
> My Google-fu shows most complaints related to LLVM on Windows are
> actually clang problems.  I also came across this, but maybe old news
> here:
> http://software.intel.com/en-us/blogs/2009/05/27/why-we-chose-llvm/

On further reading, it seems that the reason LLVM is not the focus is
answered in the previous thread about gcc 4.6.  To paraphrase, the
answer is not just lackluster Windows support, but also that Walter
has a professional and business interest in advancing back-end
compiler technology.  Fair enough.