[Slight OT] TDPL in Russia

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 1 05:51:30 PDT 2010

On Wed, 01 Sep 2010 02:59:42 -0400, Kagamin <spam at here.lot> wrote:

> Steven Schveighoffer Wrote:
>
>> This is all based on your opinion.  And unfortunately it's all wrong --
>> know what is good and what is bad, you should just stop posting.
>>
> We both know, what is good, so we both should stop posting.

I was just employing irony and sarcasm to demonstrate why your arguments
were meaningless :)  The only measurable factor for "good" art is how many
people use it/buy it.  For-sale software, books, movies do rather well, so
I'm inclined to believe they are pretty good.  There are also some open
source/free materials that do rather well, but they are not nearly as
common as free materials that are crappy.  My point was that for-sale art
by far outperforms freely available art in popularity and usage.  When you
get paid to make something, you can do it more often, you get better at
it, and your quality of work goes up.

Anyways, we can stop debating, clearly it's not going anywhere.

-Steve