[Slight OT] TDPL in Russia

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Thu Sep 2 01:09:58 PDT 2010

"Brad Roberts" <braddr at puremagic.com> wrote in message
news:mailman.61.1283409922.858.digitalmars-d at puremagic.com...
> On 9/1/2010 11:28 PM, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
>>
>> I hope it started with "It was a dark and stormy night" :)
>>

> Sadly no.. that'd be cliched but not bad enough.  Hopefully this doesn't
> push
> the bounds of fair use too far.  The first several lines:
>
> Chapter 1
>
>  Pain.
>  Whispering voices.
>  Pain.
>  Pain. Pain. Pain.
>  Need pee -- new pain -- what are they sticking in me? ...
>  Sleep.
>  Pain.
>  Whispering voices.
>  "As you know, Nurse Eastman, the government spooks controlling this
> hospital
> will not permit me to give this patient the care I think he needs."
>  "Yes, doctor."  The voice was breathy, sweet, so sweet and sexy.
>
> ---
>
> Actually, that part's not THAT bad, by itself.. but it certainly isn't
> anywhere
> near good.

lol, Oh man, that's great (in a bad way, of course) :) Now you've got me
*really* wanting to read it. I haven't laughed that hard at, umm,
"literature" since Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. I keep laughing harder
every time I re-read it, He said. His voice breathy, sweet, so sweet and
sexy. Pain. Need pee

:)