Please comment on http://d-programming-language.org/

Michal Minich michal.minich at gmail.com
Thu Sep 2 04:51:33 PDT 2010

On Thu, 02 Sep 2010 02:03:33 -0500, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:

> Time to zero in on the overall design and start working on the content.
> Please give the design one more round of comments.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Andrei

Few opinions and observations:

1. It is common practice that clicking on site logo links to site root.
In this case it goes to digitalmars.com. This should be fixed and
separate link to digitalmars.com should be provided in header

2. Flare is good, without it the design would look boring.

3. Many headers have smaller font than the normal text font. Look for
instance at the overview page (chromium / linux).

4. I like the size of the basic text and code font.
    - chromium / linux
      But I would preffer the code font to be slight larger
      than text font (now is the slightly smaller) - the browser
      uses curier new or similar for code
    - firefox / linux
      text and code font seems to be the same size. - the browser uses
      Monospace font for code

5. The page reacts very well to zooming in and out in browser, which is a
very good thing