[Slight OT] TDPL in Russia

retard re at tard.com.invalid
Thu Sep 2 05:44:11 PDT 2010

Wed, 01 Sep 2010 21:14:20 -0700, Walter Bright wrote:

> BCS wrote:
>> And there are people who will buy $5 a cup coffee when they really do
>> like the $.50 stuff better. They are called snobs.
>
> I had fun at a wine tasting when I picked the cheapest wine of the lot
> as my favorite. Hilarity ensued.

The price of wine often doesn't correlate with its quality, at least very
linearly. When I was in Spain, a local wine "expert" could easily find
good wine and the price was 4..10 euros per bottle. It's the same thing
in Greece or Bulgaria or other cheaper wine-producing countries. The
cheapest wine is actually cheaper than bottled water.

In more expensive countries the same quality costs 5..20 times as much.