[Slight OT] TDPL in Russia

Michel Fortin michel.fortin at michelf.com
Thu Sep 2 18:27:20 PDT 2010

On 2010-09-02 15:05:26 -0400, Walter Bright <newshound2 at digitalmars.com> said:

> Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
>> iPhone is hands down the best phone I've ever used.  I thought when I
>> got it, I would have a hard time accessing small things like the
>> on-screen keyboard keys, but I'm surprised at how accurate I am with
>> it, even after only having it for a few months.  I regularly go to
>> webnews on digitalmars and can click the minuscule links pretty
>> accurately.
>
> There's a special style sheet on digitalmars.com for printing which
> redoes the layout to make it print nicer. I looked in to doing a
> special style sheet for the iPod, but couldn't find a consistent way to
> make it work. I want such a style sheet to reorganize it as the 3-pane
> style is not the best for the tiny screen.

Basically, you wanted to do what I did with my website. What was the
problem exactly? Creating a style sheet that displays the contents well
when read linearly? Or was it about how to trigger this particular
style sheet for iPhone and iPods? The later's quite simple, just use
this media attribute:

	media="handheld, only screen and (max-device-width: 480px)"

The "handheld, " part isn't really relevant for iOS devices, but it'll
trigger the stylesheet with Opera-based handheld browsers.

--
Michel Fortin
michel.fortin at michelf.com
http://michelf.com/